Part Number: C7-TB110-01
Suggested Retail Price: $79.00 USD
In Stock - Usually ship within 2 business days
GiSTEQ TripBook TB-100 is a complete GPS mileage tracking solution that provides convenient mileage data logging and creates IRS conforming mileage logs. For people who work on-the-go and don’t have time to do mileage recording, TripBook can do it for you more accurately and quickly. It has no built-in battery, all you need is to plug it in to your car and it's ready to track. Not only can it be used for personal reasons, but it also suitable for business and fleet management. TripBook is a simple and affordable product that can get things done.
Click here for high resolution pictures.
What is a vehicle tracking system? - It is a system that combines the installation of an electronic device in a vehicle, or fleet of vehicles, with purpose-designed computer software at least at one operational base to enable the owner or a third party to track the vehicle's location, collecting data in the process from the field and deliver it to the base of operation. TripBook is a "Passive" GPS tracking device meaning that it stores GPS location, speed, heading etc. Once the vehicle returns to a predetermined point, the device is removed and the data is downloaded to a computer for evaluation.
*It is strongly recommended to use the AGPS to increase the accuracy of the GPS recording.
What is A-GPS? - It is referring to Assisted GPS, generally abbreviated as A-GPS; a system which can, under certain conditions, improve the startup performance, or TTFF (Time To First Fix) of a GPS satellite-based positioning system. With A-GPS enabled, TripBook can start recording your location just seconds after being plugged in. This significantly reduce the wait time to connect to a satellite.
IRS-compliant Mileage Report -
Create IRS comforming reports with a few clicks. Great for keeping tracking of business travel expense mileage logs and calculating mileage.
Log Summary -
Edit trip information and create personal comments. Easy to keep track of car make, model, mileage start/end, customer visited, and trip type, etc.
Log Details -
GPS Coordinates of each data point will be shown along with time, date and speed, etc. You can find out the exact speed and location at any given time.
Stop Details -
Each stop will be shown with duration, address and date/time. You can easily tell when and where the vehicle has stopped for and how long.
Trip Export -
Trip records can be exported into Excel or PDF for further analysis. You can create your own travel log sheet using excel.
Trip Merge -
Trips can be merged into one track through easy-to-use trip merging tool. You can combine different trips you made during the week into one continuous trip and show it in the map.
User Management -
User information can be created here. You can modify the user information for different user accounts.
Settings for the GPS hardware unit and software application. You can modify recording settings, reimbursement rate,
- TripBook is a GPS logger that records traveling information (time and location) using GPS satellite positioning. It runs continuously on any USB power source. All that is required for the device to operate is to plug it in to the cigarette-lighter-to-USB power adaptor during your trip. When you are finished recording, simply plug it into a computer USB slot to download the data. The software displays the trip record on Google Maps; provides details including speed, duration, and approximate addresses; and generates IRS-compliant report for business trips.
- TripBook operates on any USB slot that provides power. The best way to identify that is to connect the device to see if the green light flashes immediately. A power adaptor for operation in a vehicle is already provided in the TripBook package. Most USB slots in laptops will provide the necessary power as well.
- The LED light on the device will flash constantly when in operation. However, before using the device, it's recommended to verify the device is in default recording mode under device settings. Wrong settings may result in device not being able to record locations even though the LED indicates that it is in operation.
- The TripBook software can only display one user at a time, to change the user, select from the menu Users > Users Management, and fill out the appropriate entries. To associate a trip record to a different user from the previous user, skip the downloading process at the program’s start, change the user, and then select from the menu Log Files > Download to download the trip. An alternative for user management is to put different users as customers to categorize the trips.
- When TripBook detects a prolonged period of idleness, usually around three to four minutes, it will generate a stop. You can review stops in detail in the TripBook software, which will display time, duration, as well as the approximate addresses. During the idle time, TripBook device needs to be continuously powered in order to record a stop.
- You can adjust the minimum speed and/or distance to warrant a data point; in addition, the frequency of recording can be changed as well. The default recording mode will record a data point every five second, regardless of speed or distance traveled. These parameters can have significant effect on how the data is recorded, depending on your traveling conditions. For example, if you set the minimum recording speed to 50 mph, it’s unlikely that the device will record any data at all during your jogging trip.
- You may have installed an older version of the TripBook software. To remedy this, simply download the most updated software from http://www.gisteq.com/program-update.html under “TripBook Downloads”. After successfully downloading the compressed file, unzip the folder and save the content to a desired location, and run the “setup.exe” file. You do not need to uninstall the existing software, as the program will automatically detect and overwrite it (choose “Repair GiSTEQ GPS TripBook” at the first prompt of the Setup Wizard).
- Unfortunately, the necessary TripBook software for Mac operation has yet to be developed.
For Windows XP
For Windows Vista/7
- Please follow the instructions below to check the device settings:
If the device is still unable to record any data, given that the device appears to be in operation (green LED light flashing), please contact GiSTEQ support to better identify the issue.
Message should look something like this:
If you have any other questions, please contact us.